Join ECHOng / Login / Trending / Recent / News
Stats: 46,041 members, 143,804 topics. Date: Friday 20th of July 2018 07:56 AM
Are You Single and Searching, Click!
ECHOnigeria Forum / Literature / CALL FOR ENTRIES - SONGS AND LETTERS OF REMEMBRANCE (1 Post | 388 Views)
(1) (Go Down)
CALL FOR ENTRIES - SONGS AND LETTERS OF REMEMBRANCE by woleadedoyin(m) : 9:22 am On Jan 29
SOCIETY OF YOUNG NIGERIAN WRITERS
CALL FOR ENTRIES
SONGS AND LETTERS OF REMEMBRANCE
(A Collectanea to the memory of the Late Florence Onyebuchi "Buchi" Emecheta OBE and the Late Chief Elechi Amadi)
Young Nigerian Writers at home and abroad are invited to contribute their works in the ongoing call for entries in honor of the Late Florence Onyebuchi "Buchi" Emecheta OBE (21 July 1944 – 25 January 2017) and the Late Chief Elechi Amadi (12 May 1934 – 29 June 2016).
Florence Onyebuchi "Buchi" Emecheta OBE (21 July 1944 – 25 January 2017) was a Nigerian-born British novelist, based in Britain since 1960, who had also written plays and autobiography, as well as for children. She was the author of more than 20 books, including Second-Class Citizen (1974), The Bride Price (1976), The Slave Girl (1977) and The Joys of Motherhood (1979).
Elechi Amadi (12 May 1934 – 29 June 2016) was a former member of the Nigerian Armed Forces. He was an author of plays and novels that are generally about African village life, customs, beliefs, and religious practices prior to contact with the Western world. Amadi is best regarded for his 1966 debut novel, The Concubine, which has been called "an outstanding work of pure fiction".
Entries are welcome from other countries.
1. Medium of entries: poetry, playlet, short story, essay and articles.
2. Minimum of one and maximum of three Works per
3. Participation opens to writers between the ages of 10 and 45
4. Works can be poems, essays, articles and short stories.
5. The following information should be submitted alongside their entries: Name of entrants, Age, State, Where you heard about the call for entries, short profile about yourself, telephone and e-mail address.
6. Closing date for submission is 15th of March, 2017.
7. Completed works should be submitted to
firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Benefits of Participation
1. Issuance of Certificate of Participation and Achievement
2. Shortlisted entries will be published in our proposed electronic anthology.
For further enquiries call: Amarachi – Wole Adedoyin on 08072673852
Viewing this topic: 42 guests viewing this topic
|ECHOnigeria - Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved. Follow ECHOng on Facebook and Twitter|
Inbox Oluwakemi If you have any questions (08186672569)
Disclaimer: Every ECHOnigeria member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on ECHOnigeria.Posts sourced from third party sites have full referencing